Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Music and Theatre 101, Entry Numero Sept

Since in July I Couldn't attend any concerts or musicals, I saved up the Tim McGraw concert for the month of July!  I had SUCH a blast at this concert!  I sang along to every song and re-lived some great childhood memories!
"Just to see you smile I'd do anything that you wanted me to.  And all is said and done, I'd never count the cost, it's worth all that's lost.  Just to see you smile"

The bar was set pretty high for Tim McGraw:  From what I heard, his 2010 tour was a nearly perfect example of a seasoned artist at the top of his game. This years "Emotional Traffic" Tour definitely didn't dissapoint.

Popular newcomers The Band Perry opened the three-act bill, rushing through a set that sadly varied little in tempo or feel.

Storming the stage next with flashing strobe lights and random AC/DC riffs, was
Luke Bryan,  who specializes in the kind of frat-boy country that makes you feel naked if you don't have a have a beer in your hand.  Let's just say I wasn't the biggest fan...

Tim McGraw finally appeared on a small riser in the middle of the packed amphitheater, and kicked off the show with some of his hits: "Something Like That,"  "Where the Green Grass Grows"  and "Last Dollar."  It is easy to see why he has been voted entertainer of the year so many times.  Tim sounded great and looked great and won me over.  He is by far one of my favorite artists I have seen live, and despite the somewhat pitiful opening performances, this show has moved up into my top 3 favorite concerts I have been to.  For country music lovers, Tim McGraw is definitely a must-see!

No comments:

Post a Comment