Monday, July 25, 2011

Music and Theatre 101, Entry Numero Six

In June, Brett and I attended the Forever The Sickest Kids Concert.  The crowd was small, but the quantity didn't matter because the quality of the audience was epic!
 "I candy-coat and cover everything, but I'm still hiding underneath.  It's been a long time, it's been a long time.  A thousand faces looking up at me.  Hands all pointed to the ceiling, oh, what a feeling!"
 
 FTSK released their new album just a few months ago. The recent departure of their former keyboardist Kent Garrison, left me uncertain as to whether they could go on with their electronic sound without him.  Their new songs proved that they can.   FTSK’s energetic music shook the floor of Slim's in San Francisco and the fans did nothing to help it stay still. Their set consisted of a perfect combination of hits from all of their three records including “Whoa Oh!” and “She’s a lady” from Underdog Alma Mater, “She Likes” and “Hip Hop Chick” from The Weekend: Friday and “Keep On Bringing Me Down”, “Life Of The Party” and “I Guess You Can Say Things Are Getting Pretty Serious” from Forever The Sickest Kids. Live, their music sparked off some crazy crowd-surfing and pretty loud sing-along.  This band loves their fans, therefore the excitement continued after the concert was over.  FTSK came outside to do a short meet and great with their fans, and four FTSK concerts later my dreams came true.  I finally got to meet the band's lead singer Jonathan Cook.  






No comments:

Post a Comment