Friday, January 7, 2011

Memories: January - October 2010

I have to say that 2010 may just be one of the best years of my life.  A lot happened.  Some great things came out of 2010, but a lot of sadness did too.  The summer leading into the fall and winter was by far the best part of the year.  I'm going to re-cap some of my favorite memories from throughout the year, so come along with me and take a little journey down memory lane :)

(Photo Credit: Dan Cater)





I started out 2010 by doing a little show called High School Musical 2.  I met a group of the greatest girls who have made a huge impact in my life.  The impressions they left will last a lifetime.  We laughed, we cried, we laughed a lot, acted stupid, made videos, sang, danced, and laughed even more.  These girls became like sisters.  We could finish each others sentences and could just look at each other and knew exactly what the other was saying.





Later that year in May we had 8th grade weekend.  We took the 8th graders to the Boardwalk and then had a special service for them on Sunday.  Nicole and I had to say goodbye to one of our most beloved students that year.  Kayla Gregory not only graduated, but moved to Pennsylvania.  It was a very bittersweet moment.  The group of 8th graders that graduated that May were a true group of leaders.  They are already growing so much in high school and I can't wait to see where God takes them in life.


At The Cracker Barrel in Memphis with my cousins and other family

All of us on Beale Street in Memphis

At Sun Studios in Memphis

Graceland

Beale Street

At Mr. Tooties

Blackwater Baptist Church in Manila, Arkansas.  Church my family built.

Mississippi River

Great Granny and Grampa's old house.  Hadn't seen it in almost 16 years.


One of, if not the biggest highlight of the summer was finally getting to visit my family in Tennessee and Arkansas.  I can't tell you what a blast I had with my cousins and aunts and uncles.  We stayed with my Aunt Trudy and Uncle Tommy for most of our trip and they live in Covington, Tennessee which is about 30 minutes from Memphis.  We also stayed one night in Manila Arkansas, so we could visit my Aunt Willie, and then go see my Uncle Jerry and his farm.  We also got to see my cousin Houston while we were there.  So much history lives within the city of Memphis and I feel so blessed to have been able to experience it.  All of the years I dreamed of going to Graceland finally became a reality.  It was such a surreal experience and within my top 3 memories to date.  I miss all of my cousins so much, but it was fantastic to spend time with them and catch up on the years we had missed.  Fingers crossed that cousins Jennifer, Walton and Slappy (Weston) will make it out here this summer.  While they are here I will be missing my Hatcher cousins and of course my cousin Beth Anne Caery.  I really hope they can make it out to California soon...if not I can't wait to go back to Tennessee!!


Fourth of July I spent with my best friend.  He surprised me and came home.  2010 was really hard for us both.  We had only seen each other 2 times all year long.  Fourth of July weekend I also bought my first brand new car.  A 2010 black Ford Focus which I named Dallas....of course :)  We spent July 4th in San Francisco and sat on the beach to watch the fireworks and watched some drunk people dance around in the ocean.  It was quite entertaining...






Hume Lake 2010 - Excusez-Mwa?
This may have been one of my favorite years at Hume Lake.  The cabin Nicole and I had was so fun!  We had such a great group of girls.  We came in 2nd place...again, trailing right behind Niki's team.  This week at Hume challenged the kids more than I've seen any other year.  Our speaker Chris Brown talked all about the self centered world we live in and how important it is to put God first in your life. 

Four Year Strong

Matt Wilson from Set Your Goals

Pierce The Veil

Attack! Attack!

Set Your Goals

Set Your Goals

Warped Tour 2010 was a total blast, but a little hectic because of all of the bands I wanted to see.  Four Year Strong, Set Your Goals, All American Rejects, We The Kings, Sum 41, Mayday Parade, Pierce The Veil, Attack! Attack!, and Enter Shikari just to name a few.  I finally got to meet one of my favorite band members of all time, Matt Wilson.  I did however make a complete idiot of myself...typical.  Also met FYS.  They were seriously fantastic guys.  Super sweet and extremely funny.


Gramma Ginna, Aunt Mae, Aunt Loretta, Aunt Trudy, Aunt Willie, Aunt Ora Lee,
Taryn, Me and Papa Jack

I was able to see my aunts Mae, Trudy, Loretta, and Willie this summer when I was in Tennessee, but was lucky enough to see them again later in the year.  It was a very rare thing indeed considering we are lucky if we see them every couple years.  My cousin Dan died from cancer and so my aunts came out to California to be with my Aunt Ora Lee and help her through the grieving process.  It was so nice to see all of the sisters together.  I look up to these women so much.  Their hearts inspire me everyday and are amazing examples of Christ's love.



 

1 comment: