Friday, January 28, 2011

Music and Theatre 101, Entry Numero Un

Well y'all the 30 Seconds To Mars concert had to be re-scheduled until April, so in the mean time I'll talk about my friend Brandon Leland's group Till I Fall.  Brandon has been involved in music since before I can remember and I went and saw one of his shows earlier this month. 

Till I Fall is a duo made up of Brandon Leland (guitar, drums and vocals) and Yasmin Shirazi (vocals).  They go back and forth from electric to acoustic.  On their non acoustic album work you can find Brandon playing rhythm guitar and drums, while his friends Bo and John from Stick Up Kid take on lead guitar and bass.  Till I Fall has an Alternative/Pop Punk sound, with a little Power Pop in the mix...kind of like Hey Monday, for those of you familiar with that band.

Till I Fall performed at Nickel City when I saw them.  The sound wasn't great, but there is no way to deny the talent they have.  They performed two of their own songs as well as covers by both All Time Low and Mayday Parade.  Till I Fall is destined for some great things.  They have a show coming up again on February 11th, and their EP Release show should be coming sometime in May.  Their release show is going to be so rad!  Nothing is set in stone, but in the mix of bands for the EP Release you may be able to find Till I Fall (obviously!!), Pounders, Blood and Water and Stick Up Kid.  All awesome bands doing a great job of repping the Bay Area.  Till I Fall shirts should be coming soon too!  You can expect me to be wearing one around for sure!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1627490975#!/pages/Till-I-Fall/157920764235253?v=info
Listen to: "This One's For You" and "Photographs and Lullabies"
CHECK OUT TILL I FALL ON FACEBOOK.  GIVE THEM A LISTEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment