Friday, January 28, 2011

Memories: October - December 2010

Here is a continuation of my memories from 2010...I finally have a free day to blog about it!!  Now where did I leave off?  Ahh yes!!  The Aunts game to visit....Onward ho!!!!!

BUT FIRST!!  I skipped a huge part of my summer in my last memories post...




I spent a couple of months over the summer playing on a co-ed softball team with my besties.  I wasn't too great, but I have some of the best memories!!  Got to hang out with church buddies every saturday over the summer, what could be better?


Columbia Saloon

Old Columbia School House

Angels Camp

Columbia Saloon

Creek at Murphy's

Old Columbia school house

Found at an antique shop.  Anyone who is familiar with The Music Man will understand why this made my sister and I laugh so hard.

So my family took a weekend of vacation and stayed in a little house in Columbia.  We love the old Gold Rush towns and visit them often.  The highlight of the trip for me was getting to see Big River.  This was the second time I saw the show, but it was a very special experience.  The Fallon House Theater in Columbia is one of the oldest in California, so this obviously has much sentimental value to me.  It was so amazing getting to see a show there.  I hope to perform there one day!

OK!  Now back to October...






The pictures above are that from Luke and BreAnne's wedding, as well as one of Bre's bridal showers!  Such a lovely wedding in San Francisco, and a fun time to dress up and be with friends.  Celebrating the marriage of two beloved (678) leaders was such a blast and an honor.



Why yes that is me dressed up as a chicken...
So Brett, Nicole and I wanted to do something fun for the (678) Costume party this year.  Nicole already had a cow suit, so I hand made my chicken costume and Brett dressed up as a farmer.  Unfortunately Nic couldn't make it to the jr. high party because she was at the hospital with her dear friend who was suffering from complications after giving birth to her beautiful little daughter.  So Brett and I were a farmer and his chicken.  This picture has been Brett's facebook profile picture for 3 months now...while I was an adorable chicken I'm a little tired of seeing myself all feathery.


Mini Kickers coaches at costume party


Over the beginning of Autumn I did a program with the church called Mini-Kickers.  We play around and teach the basics of Soccer to little kids.  Nicole directed the program this year, while Brett and I were coaches for the 3 year olds along with Nic's fabulous sister Rachel.  Our last day together we threw a costume party for the kids.  Brett and I finally got to reunite with our little miniature cow!







In October the girls of our Venture (678) middle school ministry took a girly trip to KOA for a weekend.  We stayed in little cabins, had movie nights, painted nails, laughed, told stories, but most importantly got to hear God's word from our wonderful speaker, fellow staff member and friend Leanne Gibson-Manzo.  I had a cabin of girls to myself and we stayed up late every night playing games, singing and telling stories.  It was one of my favorite weekends throughout all of 2010.






In November I got to meet Kat Von D the star of the hit TV show LA Ink.  I went to her book signing in San Francisco.  I had been counting down the months til I got to meet her, but started getting nervous.  I had heard so many terrible stories about how mean she was.  Luckily she wasn't.  She is such a sweet person and it wasn't a fake sweet.  She was 100% genuine.  I also got to meet Dan Smith, one of my two favorite tattoo artists working at High Voltage Tattoo.  Rooftop (Mike Escamilla) was also there.  He's a famous BMX rider and one of Kat's dear friends.  I also found the signed pair of headphones Rooftop had hidden in the bookstore.



With Miriam, Taryn, Tanya and the cover band inside the Hard Rock Hotel



This past November I took my first trip to Vegas.  As part of my early Christmas gift from my sis and brother in law they bought me tickets to see Viva Elvis, one of the newest Cirque Du Soleil shows.  It was absolutely amazing!  I also had the joy of having a whole set dedicated to me by a cover band in Vegas.  It was quite a memorable trip...came home with a new nickname.  From now on just call me Biscuit.




Taryn and I with our cousins Rylie, Noelle and Trevor!




Christmas 2010 was one of my favorites.  John came home from school in San Diego and was able to meet Brett for the first time...let's just say I ended up being the 3rd wheel.  Numerous Yahtzee, Catchphrase, Monopoly, and puzzle building games took place that Christmas break.  Was blessed with some great Christmas gifts and just had the greatest time celebrating Jesus with my friends and family.  Everything felt right with John being home.  It doesn't feel like Christmas without him because he is such a huge part of our family.  I really wish he was my brother by blood.

This concludes our journey through 2010....stay tuned for more amazing memories during 2011!


No comments:

Post a Comment