Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Music and Theatre 101, Entry Numero Trois

It's been a while, but I have been sticking to my New Years resolution!!  So here we go for March...

In March, Brett and I planned on going to the Good Charlotte/Forever The Sickest Kids tour.  It wasn't until we got to San Francisco that we found out FTSK and dropped out of two weekend shows and our just happened to be one of them.  We figured we would go re-live our jr. high years by attending the GC concert, however found ourselves a tad concerned.  Would GC have a terrible set with new music we didn't know?  Will they take themselves way to seriously?  Have they completely sold out and become major tools?  
...SURPRISE!!  
Out of all the concerts Brett and I have been to together, this still holds the #1 spot for best concert we have attended together.
"And if I make it through today will tomorrow be the same
Am I just running in place?
If I stumble and I fall
Should I get up and carry on or will it all just be the same"


So the GC concert started off rough...three absolutely tragic opening bands.  Painful and redundant. HOWEVER!! Good Charlotte was a most delightful surprise.  The band played their first two albums in entirety minus about 4 songs.  Only one song was played which Brett and I did not know.  Hearing "Emotionless" was a real treat because they almost never play that song live.  We also got another fun surprise when during the middle of their set the broke out into a cover of Blink 182's "Dammit".     From time to time when band members pause to talk to the audience one would pay whatever they had in his/her pocket just to shut the band up.  GC wasn't that way in the slightest.  They were funny, smart and very clean.  All in All it was a super fun show coming from a super fun and down to earth band that loves life, music, and mostly their fans.  We didn't quite realize how great the show was until walking back to my car.  When we realized we had almost lost our voices from singing so loud we felt a little lame, yet realized what a great time we had.  It looks like Good Charlotte was just as fun when we were 12 and 13 as they are now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment